Saturday, May 10, 2008

10 May 2008 - I'm One Year Old!

Today is my first birthday. Daddy and Mummy had originally planned for a birthday party at home but because a close relative had recently passed away (just 2 weeks ago), the party is thus cancelled. Nevertheless, they organised a birthday cum Mother's Day lunch for me and my grandmothers. We had a wonderful lunch at the Miao Yi vegetarian restaurant at the Coronation Plaza. This colourful caterpilar is a present from Uncle Simon (Mummy's younger brother) and his girlfriend.

After the delicious lunch, it's cake-cutting time. Look who's here in the group photo. From left (upper row): Mum's younger brother - Uncle Simon, Grandma, Grandaunt (Grandma's eldest sister), Granduncle, Grandma, Granddad, Uncle Simon's girlfriend (Xiao Wei) and Aunt Mary (our helper). Lower row: Daddy, me and Mummy.


After singing the birthday song twice (once in English and another in Mandarin), Daddy and Mummy helped me blow the birthday candle.

I love the little cute figurines on the cake very much and couldn't resist reaching out my hand to touch them.



See how cute the cake is. Mummy ordered this ice-cream cake from Swensens.







See this cute little mouse.








And cute little cow!





Grandma and Granddad each gave me a huge ang pow (red packet). I'm so happy that I couldn't stop waving them! Mummy had to calm me down.


I decided to reward everyone by doing a debut clapping show. Everyone was so surprised and elated by by my debut clapping in public that they couldn't stop clapping for me. And that made me clap even more! :)



No comments:

Princess Amelia

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker