Sunday, June 8, 2008

2 - 5 Jun 2008 - Fever, then rashes

My fever went up and then yoyo-ed up and down. I didn't quite like the very cold and sticky plaster that Daddy and Mummy like to paste on my forehead recently. I'd scream and cry whenever they removed and stuck a new one on me. I wonder who on earth invented this hateful thing? Mummy thought that this was a creative invention that has saved her the trouble of washing the handkerchief for my forehead. However, she's still sponging me non-stop for the rest of my body. Thank goodness no one has invented any plaster for the whole body! :)
Daddy and Mummy brought me to the KKH A&E on Sun evening. I had fever of more than 39 degree celcius then. Daddy and Mummy took leave on Mon to take care of me. When my fever subsided on Tue, my body started to develop rashes and small little red dots. They started first behind my ears, then extended to the neck, then body and later my limbs. The rashes and red dots increased on Wed. Mummy brought me to see the doctor on Wed evening. The doctor said that we don't need to apply lotion or cream or take medication for such viral infection. He said that it's something called 'jia ma' in Mandarin. The rashes and red dots need to surface totally until they're 'done with their business' before they go away. During these few days, everyone was heartbroken to see me so quiet and inactive, unlike my usual self. Mummy was upset that I had shed some weight over the past few days. Don't worry, Mummy. I'd be eating my favourite baby biscuits and fruits again. :P

No comments:

Princess Amelia

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker