7am
I woke up with pinkish water discharge. Having had attended antenatal class at KKH, I thought it must be a "show". I was so excited and exclaimed loud enough to wake my sleeping darling hubby, Mic, up. " I HAD A SHOW!" :P He asked me not to go to work but to go straight to KKH instead. I told him that I'd decide later as I wasn't experiencing any contraction or pain yet. Well, according to the antenatal class, it's better to time the contractions till they reach a less than 10 min interval before going to the hospital. Anyway, I was going to attend 2 meetings today!
I woke up with pinkish water discharge. Having had attended antenatal class at KKH, I thought it must be a "show". I was so excited and exclaimed loud enough to wake my sleeping darling hubby, Mic, up. " I HAD A SHOW!" :P He asked me not to go to work but to go straight to KKH instead. I told him that I'd decide later as I wasn't experiencing any contraction or pain yet. Well, according to the antenatal class, it's better to time the contractions till they reach a less than 10 min interval before going to the hospital. Anyway, I was going to attend 2 meetings today!
9am
Library Mgt Meeting started - I sat near the door as I thought I'd need to visit the washroom very often as I felt that I was "leaking".
12noon
Library Mgt Meeting ended - I was already using the 3rd sanitary pad!! I asked my colleague, Padma for more pads! I called Mic and told him about it. I called KKH hotline 'Ask-A-Nurse' and was instructed to go the hospital immediately.
12:30pm
I was using the 4th pad. Quick lunch with Padma and Yew Boon at Canteen A. Briefed Yew Boon about the 2:30pm meeting. Met Chu Keong, ex-classmate from MSc(IS).
1:15pm
Left office with Mic and Mother-in-Law for KKH. Called Kong Meng that I wasn't able to attend the 2:30pm meeting. Still no pain, no contraction.
2pm
Checked-in into delivery suite. Confirmed that my water bag burst this morning. Changed, strapped onto CTG to monitor baby's heartbeat and contractions. Visited toilet again. Still no pain, no contraction. Watched Cartoon Network while lying on bed. :)
2:45pm
Gynae arrived. She checked and wow, already 5cm dilated! Already half-way through the journey. Gynae said I must have very high pain threshhold. ?? But I still no pain, no contraction. She put me on a drip and gave me oxytocin through the drip to induce contractions. She said on the average 1cm dilation per hour, thus estimated time of delivery would be that evening 7-8pm. She asked if I want epidural. Mic and I discussed and thought that we'd decide later. Gynae left and said "see you later this evening". Hubby sent Mother-in-Law to taxi stand. Cartoon Network showing 'Cow and chicken' then. Quite funny. :)
3pm+
The contractions started to come. I started to cringe. I was put on the laughing gas. Mid-wife checked. I was already 7cm dilated. Mid-wife said if I want epidural, I must confirm already, if not, I might not be in time. I said on hold first. Gynae rushed back with a shock and kept saying "wah you so fast, so quick one ah!". The next moment, I started to go haywire. I surrendered and asked for epidural. Anesthetist was on her way. When she arrived, she kept talking so much. She had to verbally go through all the side effects before she could administer the epidural. I was already screaming and crying then. Poor hubby must have been in a state of shock. The anesthetist was still not done with her declaration yet! Suddenly, mid-wives and gynae were asking me to push hard. I was fully-dilated, 10cm already! Too late for epidural. The pushing was a torturous and undescribable ordeal. It was really a life-time experience for both hubby and me. Hubby said he saw the baby's head for a while and it went in again when I stopped pushing.
3:56pm
Princess Amelia Tan Yi Shi was born! :) Placenta was delivered and I was stitched up.
Amelia's height: 46cm weight: 2.905kg

No comments:
Post a Comment